The 2021 Fall Seed Grant initiative in synergy with the Associations and the Patients is now open. The initiative aims at funding one-year seed research projects with a maximum budget of 50,000 €. These calls will give the opportunity to generate data and create new knowledge to pave the road for the development of new therapeutic approaches.
Italian investigators - working either in public or private Italian non-profit research Institutions are eligible irrespectively of their funding status with Fondazione.
Each researcher can apply, as Lead Applicant or as Collaborator, to one of the 4 Seed Grant Calls only.
Agreements with Patient’s Associations have been reached for monothematic research calls on the following diseases:
- Spastic ataxia of Charlevoix-Saguenay (ARSACS) in partnership with Associazione Arsacs odv
- PIGA deficiency or Multiple Congenital Anomalies-Hypotonia-Seizures syndrome type 2 (MCAHS2) in partnership with A.Ge.P.I. odv
- vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (vEDS) in partnership with Con Giacomo contro Elhers Danlos Syndrome vascolare-APS
Fondazione Telethon will devote funds deriving from a private donation for monothematic research call on the following disease:
- Dejerine-Sottas disease (Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type3) caused by the PMP22 Ser72Leu mutation
The Calls, the Guidelines for the Applicants and the Application sample in pdf format are available below and on the TeTra portal at https://projects.telethon.it where it is possible to access the online Application.
- November 15th, 2021: opening of call for Applications.
- by November 25th, 2021, applicants should:
- register on the TeTra portal at https://projects.telethon.it
- submit the project’s title
- fill in the Type of Research section, providing the name and code of the disease, the Research Type and Research Step
- December 15th, 2021 at 1 pm: submission deadline.
See calls details:
- The call for research projects on Spastic ataxia of Charlevoix-Saguenay (ARSACS)
- The call for research projects on PIGA deficiency or Multiple Congenital Anomalies-Hypotonia-Seizures syndrome type 2 (MCAHS2)
- The call for research projects on vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (vEDS)
- The call for research projects on Dejerine-Sottas disease (Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 3) caused by the PMP22 Ser72Leu mutation