In working towards the ultimate goal of making therapies available to all patients in need, Fondazione Telethon pursues cooperative strategies to combine its resources and capabilities with those of private undertakings in order to achieve full therapeutic development of its research results.
The final goal: to make our results available to all patients
In order to achieve this goal the Business Development Office uses its competencies to support Telethon research projects:
- Intellectual Property: protection and management of intellectual property rights.
- Marketing: increase Fondazione Telethon’s visibility among for-profit players in the field (including pharma and biotech companies as well as venture capital firms) and active advertising of the most advanced projects.
- Partnerships: Negotiation of agreements with for-profit players in the field.
- Alliance Management: facilitate active academia-industry collaborations ensuring the appropriate and timely progression of strategic industrial alliances.
- Regulatory Affairs: assist in the definition of the regulatory strategy for project development and registration. Specific expertise in the field of orphan drugs and paediatric indications.
In supporting the most advanced research projects, the Business Development Office works closely with Clinical Development and Operations.
Ongoing collaborations with industrial partners
- Shire enters into novel research collaboration with Telethon’s Institute of Genetics and Medicine for rare diseases.
- Sanofi Rare Blood Disorders unit , Fondazione Telethon and Ospedale San Raffaele to develop Gene Therapies for Hemophilia.
- Orchard Therapeutics, Fondazione Telethon and Fondazione San Raffaele are collaborating on gene therapy for rare diseases.