The Grant Manager will operate within the Global Partnerships and Projects unit reporting to the Global Partnerships Manager who is in charge of designing and implementing the international strategy of Fondazione Telethon.
The Grant Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the management of Fondazione Telethon’s activities in the European funded project EJP-RD (http://www.ejprarediseases.org/). The Grant Manager will also be in charge of analyzing other funding opportunities (European, national and regional calls) and assemble and submit grant requests.
1) Support the management of Fondazione Telethon activities in the EJP-RD project ensuring the alignment among the several colleagues involved as experts in the different Work Packages:
- Plan the activities according to the approved projects and deadlines
- Monitor the progress of activities and «keep time»
- Manage the interaction with the partners (organize TC and F2F meetings, prepare meeting minutes, request and collect input for periodic reporting, send out reminders, check compliance with scheduled activities etc.)
- Prepare the report of activities and annual work-plans
- Monitor the budget and plan the expenditures
- Support the grant office for the financial reporting including management of document/receipts
- Organize and manage regular updates among the Telethon experts involved in the EJP activities.
2) Grant writing and management:
- Work closely with researcher and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals
- Develop and write grant proposals to public and private grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating Fondazione Telethon mission and programs to potential funders
- Work with other departments to obtain necessary information for the preparation of grant applications
- Manage her/his workload to keep multiple proposals moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Monitor and manage the compliance with all grants’ reporting obligation as required by the grant awarding organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are essential
- Experience with searching for relevant scientific and gray literature and analytical reading
- Candidates must possess the ability to work well under pressure
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in biomedical sciences
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in management of EU funded project management are required
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants may be preferable
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- The position will be located in Milan, Italy
- Fixed-term employment contract with possibility of permanent placement
We will only consider candidates who will attach their Resume when applying.
We thank you in advance for expressing your interest in the Organization. We inform you that, due to the huge amount of applications received, we will be able to provide a feedback only to those who will be contacted from Fondazione Telethon.
Fondazione Telethon is a major Italian charity focused on rare genetic diseases. Founded in 1990, its mission is to fund biomedical research advancement towards the cure of rare genetic diseases neglected by major public and private investments. Its ultimate goal is to make therapies available to all patients in need.
The Global Partnerships and Projects unit works to build strong partnership at both national and international level with various stakeholders (patients associations, research funding organizations, institutional investors, etc.) to amplify the impact of Fondazione Telethon activities and to attract resources in the field of research on rare genetic diseases. Moreover this unit serves as grant office for the scouting of opportunities, preparation of grant application and management of projects where Fondazione Telethon is directly involved as one of the beneficiaries.