Research Lab Technician position in the Mortellaro/Aiuti's Lab at SR-Tiget
A research laboratory technician position is now available in the laboratory headed by Dr. A. Mortellaro & Prof. A. Aiuti.
Our work investigates the molecular link between mutations in immune genes causing Primary Immunodeficiencies (PIDs) and defects in innate immunity, which is an integral part of the body’s defense against microbes. We also explore whether lentiviral vector-mediated gene therapy and gene editing represent a therapeutic approach for PIDs associated with autoinflammation, and Cryopyrinopathies caused by gain-of-function mutations in genes encoding NOD-like receptors and inflammasome proteins. Collectively, these studies will contribute to advance our knowledge of PIDs and autoinflammatory disorders and improve patients’ care.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform research by completing simple experiments or steps in more complicated studies
• Provide technical support to staff in performing cellular and biochemical assays
• Compile and analyze data
• Prepare reports of experiment results
• Assist in training of new fellows and students
• Other duties include administration and lab organization
• Master Degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Life Science or related areas
• Good knowledge in Immunology
• Demonstrated technical independence with tissue culture, molecular and biochemical techniques, and flow cytometry is an advance
• You should be a very hands-on person, highly organized. Strong interpersonal and communicative skills are essential. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work effectively as part of a team.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, a short statement of research interests and full contact information of two referees to Alessandra Mortellaro ([email protected])
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.