Open position for a Research Assistant/Associate at SR-Tiget (Milan)
We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable person to conduct and manage the analysis of patient samples from phase I/II studies based on ex vivo hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell gene therapy in the field of cancer. The candidate will report to Dr. Bernhard Gentner, Co-PI of a clinical study evaluating safety and activity of autologous CD34+-enriched hematopoietic progenitor cells genetically modified with a lentiviral vector encoding for the human interferon-a2 gene in multiple myeloma patients. He/She will also collaborate on the transplant and hematology part of an analogous study performed on patients with high-risk glioblastoma multiforme.
- Coordinating and organizing patient sample collection during follow up visits.
- Performing and interpreting sophisticated and specialist assays on patient samples in order to assess safety, efficacy and mechanism of action of the experimental treatment in a standardize, quality-assured way (to this end the candidate will work in close collaboration with the SR-Tiget Good Clincal Practice Laboratory).
- Adapting existing assays and developing new certified assays as needed.
- Overseeing the correct labeling, storage and documentation of clinical samples and test results according to applicable law.
- Master’s degree (Laurea magistrale) in biology, biotechnology or associated field; Ph.D. preferable.
- Experience in immunology and oncology research is considered an advantage. Management experience is a plus.
- Experience in the handling of hematopoietic primary cells and profound knowledge on the biology of hematopoietic stem cells, myeloid cells and lymphocytes is mandatory. The candidate is expected to be proficient in density gradient centrifugation, cell separation with the help of magnetic beads, cell counting, analysis of vitality, immunophenotype, colony forming cell assay, liquid culture in defined media and cryopreservation methods.
- Experience in molecular biology including extraction of DNA, RNA and proteins, quantitative PCR (preferably, digital droplet PCR), gene expression analysis, ELISA and immunocapture methods is also required.
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, research nurses, academic scientists, regulatory experts and company stakeholders.
- Professional and mature personality with ability to obtain the team’s collaboration and input without being perceived as intrusive.
- Oral and written command of the English language is a must.
The successful candidate will be offered a fixed-term contract (2-year duration, with a possible extension thereafter). Salary will be based on qualification, experience and responsibilities adopted.
Please send your CV together with names and contact information of 2 referees to Dr. Bernhard Gentner ([email protected]).
Deadline: June 27th 2018