IT & Data Manager at the TNGB Coordination Office (Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli - Bologna)
We are currently looking for a candidate for the role of IT & Data Manager to support the TNGB Coordination Office based in Bologna at Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli.
Annuncio in italiano
Start date: 1 January 2019
Duration: project ends 31 March 2021
Salary: up to 2,500 Euros (gross monthly salary) depending on experiences.
First contract will start on 1 January 2019 and end on 31 March 2019. Subsequent two extension of contracts lasting 12 months each may be offered until project end 31 March 2021. Salary will be funded by Fondazione Telethon as a part of the TNGB project.
Job purpose:The IT & Data Manager plays a crucial role in the harmonisation of data management processes among TNGB biobanks. He/she will provide important support to workflow development; translating and solving biobank data needs with tool solutions.
The Telethon Network of Genetic Biobanks (TNGB, http://biobanknetwork.telethon.it) is the first Italian Network interconnecting 11 Italian genetic biobanks. Together, TNGB stores approximately 100,000 biological samples, representing 950 distinct rare genetic diseases. TNGB offers biobanking services (sample collection, processing, storage and distribution) to the research and clinical communities internationally. Researchers worldwide are able to browse the unique catalogue of biospecimens and associated data and request access to biological samples for research. TNGB operates with standardise procedures and has a transparent sample access policy based on predefined criteria. This has been achieved through the adoption of a common IT infrastructure which manages the user registrations and requests, as well as mechanisms to store and aggregate minimum datasets forming the TNGB biospecimens catalogue. The IT infrastructure has been developed and is maintained by an external provider.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- First of contact for TNGB biobanks on software related needs;
- Analyse TNGB’s data and software needs by interacting with the TNGB Coordinator, the Operations Manager and the biobanks in the network;
- Assist the TNGB Coordinator in formulating requirements for the software development, operations and support, and in prioritising requirements;
- Distil the requirements discussed into a priority/feasibility list;
- Maintain communication and relations with software providers;
- Participate in TNGB collaborations and projects;
- Train biobanks;
- Solve minor ticketing issues.
Required education and competencies:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in computer science; or demonstrable training background in programming;
- Good knowledge of linux / windows OS;
- Good knowledge of web technologies, (e.g. apache, PHP);
- Knowledge of database technologies. e.g. mySQL;
- Experience with open source software development;
- Spoken and written Italian and English;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Capacity to work cross-functionally and to work with people from different disciplines.
- Knowledge of the biobank sector;
- Experience in LIM System;
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. JAVA, C#);
- Knowledge of web application server (e.g. tomcat);
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data integration methods.
Please send your CV with references and a cover letter to: biobankn[email protected] within 14 November 2018. Interviews of candidates will take place at Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli-Bologna during the week 19-23 November 2018. All communications with candidates will be via email only. Enquiries about the position: [email protected]